It is very likely that Rich Hill will not be a Cub when the season starts, and since the Brewers need a starter and don't want to spend any money on one, how would you feel about a flier on Hill? Once upon a time great things were expected of Hill, but he seems to have had a bit of a complete mental breakdown. I'm for it for a few reasons:
1. He'd be cheap.
2. He's old for a prospect, but not that old for a pitcher at 28.
3. His stuff is good.
4. He's been relatively healthy.
5. The Cubs suck at developing players, and there's a shot that we could actually fix him.
6. He still a has high ceiling.
7. It would be funny if he turned out to be good and dominated the Cubs, and entertainment value counts for something.
8. His most recent PECOTA projection (which is admittedly before last seasons complete disaster) had him putting up a WARP of 3.4, 1.26 WHIP, and a 4.06 ERA. Not bad.
9. While were on the subject, how do you feel about Felix Pie? I'm not a fan, but he will turn 24 this season and may still develop.
40 minutes ago