Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Charlie V. isn't very articulate.

I love Charlie Villanueva. He's been the star of the Bucks since Redd and Bogut went down. He's been playing hard and producing, and by all accounts, he's a pretty good guy. I go to every Bucks game, and when you go to every game, all of the non-basketball parts of the game start to repeat themselves. One of my favorite repeating scoreboard promotions is when the Bucks show all of the fans celebrating their birthday at the game. It shows 5 or 6 players talking about their favorite birthday memory. When it gets to Charlie V., he says, "I don't have a favorite birthday, but if I did, it would definitely be going to a Milwaukee Buck game." I love that. No birthday memories for Charlie and he says "Buck" rather than "Bucks."

Anyway, now it's in the news that Charlie V. was updating his twitter account at half time in their game against the Celtics on Sunday. Here's what he said:

"In da locker room, snuck to post with my twitt. We’re playing the Celtics, tie ball game at da half. Coach wants more toughness. I gotta step up.”

I'd like to note that Charlie did step up and the Bucks did win. Maybe he should "tweet" during every game.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Wow... I didn't know NBA players listened to "da coach" anymore. Nice.

E.S.K. said...

Good for him. Reach out to da fizzanz