Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank you, CC




By the end of today, all hopes will have been dashed of signing CC Sabathia. The Yankees will come out with an offer designed to scare off all competitors, and it will work, at least in the Brewers case. I expect Sabathia's contract to shame Santana's and him to sign with the Yankees by Wednesday. And if the money is what I guess it will be, he'd be a total fool not to. He says he loved Milwaukee, which is awesome, and hopefully he talks it up with people in the game, but I think that's about as much help as we can expect from the massive lefty.

He kept the Crew afloat when it was being scuttled from within, and willed the team into the playoffs with an amazing two week stretch in which he started four hundred and seventy-six games. It was astounding.

No hard feelings here my man, take the money. You certainly earned it.

8 comments:

DannyNoonan said...

I'll bet you a beer he doesn't go to the Yankees.

PaulNoonan said...

Can I get in on that? I don't think he'll be a Brewer, but I also don't think he'll be a Yankee.

E.S.K. said...

So I get the Yankees and you get the field? That sounds like a beer to a case bet to me.

PaulNoonan said...

Tell you what. I'll take the Dogers and Angels, and you get the Yanks, and I'll give you 2-1 because I'm a nice guy.

DannyNoonan said...

I'll take the Brewers if I get 24-1. So if he's a Yankee, ESK gets 2 beers from Paul and 1 from me. If he's in LA, Paul gets 1 from ESK and 1 from me. If he's a Brewer, I get a case from each of you jerks. What do you say?

PaulNoonan said...

I'm in.

E.S.K. said...

Angels will end up Tex and be stoked.

I'll take the Yankees and Mets and go straight up with Paul.

PaulNoonan said...

Done.