Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Taxpayer Field at Miller Park

This is a great idea. It recognizes that diamonds are paid for with money taken forcibly from me. In the Mets case...it goes double:

Two New York City Council members say that Citigroup should show its thanks for a federal bailout by sharing the naming rights to the new Mets ballpark in Queens.

The struggling bank is slated to pay $400 million over the next 20 years to name the stadium Citi Field.

The bank made the commitment years ago, when it was flush with cash. Now that Citigroup is getting billions of dollars in federal aid, Staten Island Republicans Vincent Ignizio and James Oddo say the ballpark's name should be changed to Citi/Taxpayer Field.

Citigroup and Mets chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon have been saying that they have no plan to alter the naming-rights deal for the ballpark, which hosts its regular-season opener April 13.

Wilpon and Citigroup spokesman Steve Silverman said they had no comment on the proposal.

15 comments:

PaulNoonan said...

Nice

Chris said...

Did the Packers Play Monday night?

Still looking for some posts on that game.

E.S.K. said...

There are lots of em, all over the internauts, I'm sure you could find one if you looked hard enough.

Chris said...

Don't care what others have to say I was curious to hear this blog's take on the game and got nothing but dead air(To be fair I do not really care about your take either just wanted to see what you said and listen to Eric go on how Favre can cure Cancer)

Or do you guys just do "Good News"

Anonymous said...

If only this blog had somebody willing to just throw up on the page every day.

Hey Chris, maybe they're not trying to be you and your shitty blog.

Although I was hoping Paul would do a game recap too...

Chris said...

I do not have a blog chicken shit boy have you been paying attention?

Still hiding behind the mask what a bitch you are Anon, oh I will make snide comments while hiding like a little girl.

The kicker is you take a shot at me then agree with me what a loser.

Its funny Anon you hated my blog apparently, but at the same time you are obsessed with it and me let it go coward boy it is dead and gone this wonderful blog is the future try looking forward for once in your life Anon :)

E.S.K. said...

I had class so I missed the first quarter (which was apparently the best quarter)...and also, my job requires more of me now. You may have noticed the financial industry is experiencing a few speed bumps?

Brett Favre is playing excellent football on a well balanced team, Aaron Rodgers is playing very good but making mistakes, and you should read FDR's Folly, just for kicks.

E.S.K. said...

and for the record, I don't think i've ever done a game recap of anything.

PaulNoonan said...

Recap complete.

DannyNoonan said...

I'm moving. And busy at work. Sorry we didn't have anything for you to read on Tuesday morning Chris.

E.S.K. said...

I'm not sorry. I'm not your monkey

Chris said...

Hell of a way to run a railroad

Nice to know something never change death taxes and ESK being a dick, in these trying times you have to cling to certain things to help you get through the day.

PaulNoonan said...

I've only got a blackberry right now. No computer.

E.S.K. said...

I thought it was guns and religion?

Chris said...

Religion is for sucks