2. Today on the Cub Broadcast after the announcement of an upcoming Spongebob Squarepants promotion (no, really):
I wish I had a sponge in my pants right now.
- Bob Brenley
3. I was listening to the Brewer Post Game Show today on WTMJ today, and I do not envy having to deal with those callers. I would immediately swear at people and lose the station its license.
4. Ryan Braun is awesome.
5. People who argue that Ned Yost is not a bad manager because the Brewers have a good record both overstate the importance of managers and incorrectly diagnose Ned Yost's effect on a team. If you meet these people, back away slowly, get to a safe distance, and run.
6. If you see Rex Grossman playing catch in the park, cover your head. You are in danger.
7. If you see Kyle Orton playing catch in the park, cover your head. You are in danger.
8. The Journal-Sentinel Writers have the following problems:
a. They rely too much on batting average. However, this is your fault for only understanding batting average.
b. They like bunting too much.
c. They take all team news at face value.
d. They do not check defensive metrics, which causes them to think stupid thoughts, like the idea that Craig Counsell plays a better third than Russell Branyan. Not true.
9. Even though you hate the Cubs, you know they're really really good.
10. Joe Torre, as it turns out, is a terrible manager. When you manage the Yankees it's tough to fuck up, and you'll look good no matter what you do. Joe tends to play Juan Pierre at the expense of today's hero, Andre Ethier. Juan Pierre is awful. Too bad he got the day off.
11. Welcome, old fans and new. Take a peak around.