Thursday, March 31, 2011

NL Central Prediction

I'm not going to predict final records. Why bother? But I'll take a crack at division order.

NL Central

1. Brewers
2. Cardinals
3. Reds
4. Cubs
5. Pirates
6. Astros

I think the top 3 will be tightly bunched. I also think the Brewers are a risky pick since I feel like their depth is lacking. If they lose a big bat (Weeks for instance) or a top 3 starter (Marcum, for instance), they could finish much much lower. That said, I think they do stay healthy and come out on top.

The Astros will be one of the worst teams ever.

The Pirates are still terrible and the damage done to them will take a long time to overcome, but they will at least top the Astros.

The Cubs will be pesky and could contend with a little luck. Their pitching is still solid. It is far more likely that age will take it's toll and that they will falter greatly.

Cinci will still be a force and I expect them to be in it until the end.

The Cards look to have downgraded at several key positions (Ryan Theriot, Lance Berkman playing the outfield) and have lost their best pitcher for the season. I don't see it this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crap.